13.12.13

OOTD: Sweet with a hint of Tomboy Cool








What I'm Wearing:
Top: Sportsgirl
Skirt: Sunny Girl
Boots: Rubi Shoes
Bag: Michael Kors
Watch: Diva
Bracelet: Sportsgirl
Belt: Cotton On

What Makeup I'm Using:
Maybelline FIT ME Foundation in 220
Face of Australia Translucent Loose Powder
Garnier Roll-On Anti Dark Circles
Models Prefer Eye Brightener
Maybelline Master Precise Liquid Liner in Black
Benefit Cosmetics Sugarbomb Blush Powder
Revlon Colourburst Lip Butter in 035 Candy Apple

Despite the weather being exceedingly blistering, I love a good boot and will wear it no matter what the weather decides it wants to be for the day. They may not be the original ChloĆ© boots, but for $20, I'm pretty darn pleased with my Rubi Shoes knock-offs {don't judge.}

Being so blindly obsessed with my femininity (pretty dresses and skirts with a hint of tulle and sequins, anyone?), I'd forgotten about my tweenhood. Yes, I was a tween who was basically a tomboy. Believe me when I say I bought a pair of "Girlz Rule" baggy jeans with a chain on the side because I thought I was being the most hip and on-trend fashion tragedy savvy girl in my fourth grade class, but, clearly, I was anything but savvy. I didn't know it at the time, but when I think of my lowest fashion moment, that's definitely up there. Although, I did get a compliment from a guy I was crushing on - (but now I'm starting to re-think whether there was even any source of sincerity.)

After elementary school, I continued on, but simplifying my style to being a "jeans and t-shirt" kinda girl.
Until 8th grade, I found my style evolving to something new. Something interesting. Something I was liking. It turned feminine.

As the years went on, I found myself loving the idea of being in pretty dresses and wearing a flirty skirt. it certainly was fun being a girl! I grew up being such a girly-girl and being an avid lover of pink, until I hit an age where I thought obsessing over Hello Kitty and being in love with the colour pink was no longer "cool".

Well, clearly that's all changed now. I openly admit I'm obsessed with pink. Pink everything is my dream!
For a while, I swore off any tomboy related outfits. I wanted to stay true to my pink roots.
All that, until recently where tomboy was back to being trendy. I don't do it to be trendy, but being a fashion follower and a blogger, some trends, you have to try to see if you'll like it. If not, at least you know your place.

So the short story behind this outfit was basically, I wanted to see what the tomboy style would feel like again, but twist it with a bit of femininity. Nothing says girly like a flirty skirt and a red lip.

Until my next post,
Danica xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

XO