22.8.16

Too Faced Melted Matte in Cool Girl: Swatch + Review

Hi loves,
My deepest apologies for the ultimately delayed upbringing of this post. I'm aware that the release on meccamaxima.com.au is happening at 8.30am tomorrow, which is why even though I'm still recovering from a painful case of tonsillitis and a mild flu, I wanted to make sure I tried my best to get this review up before tomorrow so you guys had an idea on what the product was like before blowing your bucks on them! They will retail at Mecca Maxima (online and in store starting from tomorrow, August 23rd) for $31 a shade.
So if you're still with me, let's get right into the review..




Packaging
The box of the Melted Matte liquid lipsticks are candidly identical to the current Melted liquid lipstick boxes, despite a few words, of course. However, the bottles are distinctly different. The Matte liquid lipsticks come in a glass bottle, I'm assuming it's in an attempt to look like the Melted tube's current look to keep it all relative. Although the bottle is glass, it's still rather lightweight and easily compact for your makeup bag. I'm also pleased that the bottle is transparent so the precise colour of the product is easily seen for those picky-choosy girls like myself. So the applicator is a typical doe-foot applicator. It's not too long, but not too short either - arguably decent when needed to apply the product.

Shades
From what I know, there's about 17 shades in the entire collection, so here's to hoping Mecca comes through and provides all 17 shades! You've got your nudes, pinks, reds, browns, and even the odd blue or orange - so there's really a shade for all. Whilst my friend was in America, she managed to get me one which is a "true nude" and highly accurate of a description.

Formula
Definitely a liquid, it's a little runny, so just beware when you open it up for the first time. As far as I know, it's got no scent and another little thing I noticed about this lipstick was that the colour darkens as it dries down and as you wear it throughout the day. I also found that it dries down matte almost right away, with no stickiness between the lips when pressed together. It's not exactly transfer-proof, so it will transfer when you kiss the back of your hand or have your lips touch anything, although after 15 minutes of wear, it didn't transfer on cups, so keep that in mind.

Long Lasting Wear
I applied the lip colour at 12.49pm and carried on with my day. I had a late lunch, and at 3.09pm, the lipstick had worn off and completely disappeared. I'd say it's long-lasting to an extent. Obviously the product would come off after my lunch as I had a chicken burger, but before that, I was drinking loads of cups of water and it was lasting really well and staying put, so like any lipstick, avoid oily foods if you don't want it to budge.



So again, these will be available at all Mecca Maxima stores and online starting tomorrow August 23rd, so set up your wish list and make sure your bank account is ready to be emptied because not only are they releasing the Too Faced Melted Matte liquid lipsticks, there's a whole bunch of other special releases for other brands, so just be ready, ladies!

What are you planning on picking up tomorrow?

Filled with love,
Danica xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

XO