23.11.15

Don't Believe Me, Just Watch

Hi loves,
I've always had a fond liking to watches. All through primary school, I would wear my latest water-resistant watch, and create a watch tan on my left wrist. Back then, it was function over fashion. I just wore that watch because I liked keeping track of time. I've always been a rather organised person, and watches become a very important part of one's day when trying to stay organised.

I had a brief period where I stopped wearing them (and tanned my left wrist), but I've finally rekindled my little obsession. Growing quite a collection already, I've got a watch to go with any outfit and mood.














Top Row (L-R): Rose gold watch by Marc Jacobs (similar); Gold watch by Marc Jacobs; Rose gold by Big W (similar)
Bottom Row (L-R): Gold watch by Michael Kors (similar); Silver & rose gold watch by Big W (similar)

Every girl, without fail, needs to own a (in the words of Iggy Azalea) 'fancy' watch. The type of watch you can wear to kick-ass at a business meeting, or just kick ass in general.
It's always a bright idea to invest in a star quality designer watch. I got my first designer watch for my 19th birthday and it was the beautiful gold Michael Kors. Until today I get copious amounts of compliments whenever I wear it, and boy, this baby has been through a lot of rough retail shifts, but still looks shiny and new as ever.
But at the same time, I surprise myself when I find beauties in Target, K-Mart or Big W. So if you don't have the cash, or are saving for a designer watch, the ones at these retailers will do you proud. Trust me.








From L-R: Pink watch by Aldi; Black & rose gold watch by Lovisa; 'More Issues Than Vogue' watch by Lovisa; Brown watch by Lovisa; Gold watch by Diva (you can find any of the three watches in the middle in any of your closest Lovisa stores)

For a long time I depended on my 'luxury' watches. I'm the type of person who becomes very attached to their regulars. I go to the same restaurant and order the same meal, just out of comfort and routine. But every once in a while, you crave something new. Luckily, all of a sudden, stylish watches became a popular trend and I was finding adorable ones everywhere and for incredibly affordable prices! Get yours before the Christmas rush because I'm sure they'll run out in no time.

I hope you guys enjoyed this post on my watch collection. I'm not too sure why I felt the need to do this, but I realise I bought a bunch of watches in the span of a short time and thought this was fit for a sort-of-but-not-really "haul."
I promise you, these will be featured a lot more in upcoming looks. Don't believe me, just watch. Ha, I was waiting to make that pun.

Filled with love,
Danica xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

XO