20.9.15

Essence Spring Trend Collection: Brit Tea

Hi loves,
Happy Sunday!! I just got back home from a weekend getaway to Port Stephens with my boyfriend and our son for our ninth anniversary. We had the absolute best time, and guess what, we vlogged the entire trip. It was so much fun, and I'm so excited to edit it and post it up on our family YouTube channel soon. So, stay tuned!

Anyway, who knew that my first beauty post on the new and improved blog would be a prize pack I unknowingly entered and won? Definitely not me!
This post is most certainly not sponsored, but I am so excited to bring to you guys exclusive pics of essence cosmetics' spring trend collection which is actually now in all Target stores, so after you read this, head on out to your nearest Target and splurge splurge splurge, ladies!

If you know me personally, you'd know that I absolutely adore pastel colours. There's just something so beautiful and girly about pastel shades.

I was so excited to have been able to receive this prize pack because ever since I found out about the collection coming to Target stores, I sought out every single Target store in my district every day, but didn't manage to come across it. Luckily, I won the competition on their Facebook page because now I get to try out every beauty product from the collection!

Don't worry, I'm going to test them out, and the ones I absolutely love will go into my giveaway which is coming real soon.

So without further ado, essence cosmetics Spring Trend Collection: Brit-Tea 





The Brit-Tea collection is delicate, feminine and a super pretty pastel tone.
Filled with beautiful light pinks, mint greens and lavender purples, this collection will make any pastel-loving and beauty-obsessed girl go nuts.
It definitely reminds me a lot of British tea parties; the only thing missing would be the actual tea and some mini sandwiches.



Brit-Tea blush in 01 Tea-rific Garden Party: "perfectly matched shades of rouge for a radiant appearance" reads on the back of the blush compact itself. This is the product I'm most excited to use. The beautiful dusty pink shimmer on the blush is so pretty and can perfectly suit any skin tones.



Brit-Tea eyeshadow palette in 01 Keep Calm and Have Some Tea: "silky and smooth eyeshadow texture" reads on the back of the palette itself. Personally, I'm still a beginner when it comes to eyeshadow application. But from what I know, the palettes I should be going for are the neutral tones. Nevertheless, I'm excited to try out this palette because the colours are absolutely beautiful. They can be used on the inner corners of the eye to make your eyes pop more.



Brit-Tea illuminating base in 01 Make Tea, Not War: "lightweight illuminating base that gives skin natural luminosity and a radiant glow. Wear alone or pair with makeup" reads on the back of the illuminator tube itself. Don't get me wrong, I love wearing makeup, but you know how you have those days where you just don't feel like putting any effort in? Well this is where this comes in handy. An illuminator can wake your face up without packing too much on. I'm excited to try this out on a lazy day, apply some mascara, a clean lipstick colour, and off I go!



Brit-Tea lip balm in 01 Vanilla Ice-T Baby; "caring lip balm for dry lips with a pleasant scent" reads on the back of the lip balm box itself, which is an adorable flower pop-up. I'm a big lover of lip balms because I'm a big believer in making sure your lips are never dry. What's even better is that this lip balm smells like vanilla, and boy do I love vanilla.

Brit-Tea duo highlighting pencil in 01 Par-tea Highlight: "use lighter colour in inner corner of the eyes to open them optically. Use rose colour under eyebrows to lift them optically" reads on the back of the pencil itself. Not only is this highlighting pencil totally adorable because come on, look at those colours, but it glides on so perfectly. I swatched it on my hand earlier (not pictured, sorry, couldn't get a decent photo), and I just loved how smooth it was - not flaky whatsoever!

Brit-Tea lipgloss in 01 Tea is the New Coffee & 02 Pink To Go: "lipgloss for irresistible, glossy lips" reads on the back of the lipgloss tubes itself. Now I'm not usually a fan of lipgloss because they give off a sticky feeling and it's just not fun. Now I have to be honest, these glosses do give off that feeling so I may not recommend these, but if you still want to test these out, by all means - the colours are still really pretty, but they're just not my cup of tea (see what I did there?)

Brit-Tea nail polish in (L-R) Tea-pical British, Green Tea for Two, Pink to Go, and Have a Beau-tea-full Day: "effect nail polish that creates a porcelaine-like surface on your nails" reads on the back of each bottle of nail polish. Currently I am love love looooving nail polish. I don't know what I ever did with myself with bare nails because painted nails are so darn cute and make me feel instantly superior and feminine. The colour I'm most excited to try from this collection is 'Have a Beau-tea-full Day', I mean, look at that gorgeous mint green colour!!!! Mint green is definitely loooove.

Brit-Tea eyeshadow brush in 01 Keep Calm and Have Some Tea: There's nothing to not love about double-ended makeup brushes. I'm loving the lavender hue on the brush, and then the light pink hue on the bristles (which are so very soft by the way.)

"the rounded shape of this precise eyeshadow brush suits the contours of the eye perfectly and allows easy and uncomplicated application and shading of eyeshadow. Works with pressed powder and loose pigment eyeshadow" reads on the back of the brush packaging.

"360 degree blender brush is ideal for blending eyeshadow powder. Use it to blend one or more shades of eyeshadow over the eyelid, along the crease line, or below the brow line, using long, sweeping strokes" reads on the back of the brush packaging.

Brit-Tea nail file in 01 Make Tea, Not War: "use coarse side for filing and fine side for shaping your nails" reads on the back of the nail file. It comes with a transparent slip, so you can carry it in your purse with absolutely no problems of it damaging any of your goods. The pastel tea-cups print is so adorable and the 'You are invited for tea' is a nice touch to that tea party feel. Makes filing your nails that much more enjoyable.

Brit-Tea earring set in 01 Blossoms. Self-explanatory, I think. Luckily I love flower earrings. Got a beige pair already, now I've got a matching set to add to my ever-growing collection.

So that's the entire collection, loves. Overall, I think it's really pretty and totally adorable to have in anyone's makeup collection. The only items I wouldn't repurchase would most probably be the lip glosses because I just generally don't like lip glosses, and the items I would definitely repurchase again would definitely be the blush - even though I would most likely just use it more of a highlighter rather than a blush.

Let me know if any of you purchase anything from this collection, because I would love to know what you guys got and your personal opinions.


Filled with love,
Danica xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

XO