6.10.12

What's In My (Makeup) Bag?




Hi beauties!

First thing is first: UPDATE!
So it's been a long, long time since I've posted something, and honestly, I feel really bad about it. My mid-semester break is coming to an end tomorrow and then I'm off the face of the earth for the next 8 weeks to finally complete my course and be done with high school forever!
I feel like I owe you guys an explanation, and if I want to become successful someday with my blog then I obviously have to be able to connect with you.
I basically spent these two weeks, relaxing and calming myself because I was so stressed for the past 10 weeks of school, I just wanted some time to kind of enjoy the time I had. It's not that I don't enjoy blogging, I just never felt like being on my computer.
Okay, so not true, I spent the last few days catching up and watching YouTube videos of beauty gurus: Dulce (DulceCandy87), Meredith (stilababe09), Lindsey (beautybaby44) and Bethany (Macbarbie07). Absolutely love them, and I recommend for you all to go check out their videos and subscribe to them! I was, honestly, looking to find inspiration from these gurus. In midst of my relaxing, I guess I sort of lost my passion and I just wanted it back, so I went to these ladies for it (or better, their videos).
I am also currently working on a few little projects, so stay tuned!

Now, let's finally get to the topic of this post!
So these are the contents of my makeup bag:

  • White quilted makeup bag from Cotton On Body: I love how efficient it is for me, and even though it looks rather small, it's quite large inside so there's a lot of storing space for all my makeup faves.
  • The foundation I am coveting right now is the Paparazzi Perfect High Definition Foundation: I actually use the Benefit That Gal primer now, but these images were taken a few weeks ago cause I figure pre-shooting some post ideas would help, but I forgot that I actually do a lot of shopping (hehe) and find some new and awesome things! But anyway, I love this foundation because it's light-weight and I honestly forget that I'm wearing it sometimes. It doesn't do any drastic changes to my face, so I don't look like I dipped my face in icing, but it's enough to define my face.
  • I use the Garnier Anti-Circles concealer to hide my dark circles. I know it's not used for blemishes, redness and uneven skin tones, but I use it for that and it seems to work fine, but I am on the hunt to find proper blemish concealers, so post a comment if you know of any that you love and I might try it out!
  • When I finish my foundation and concealer, I apply my Face of Australia Translucent Powder over my entire face just to define and set my makeup. I love this product, because it's amazing and it's inexpensive!
  • For my blush, I use the Face of Australia blush in Primrose. I really like really popping pink on my cheeks but I'm actually going to start changing this up and use some peaches because I've been reading the beauty sections in magazines so thoroughly and apparently, peach colours will suit my skin tone much nicer, so I'm excited to do that! But this blush is incredible, I love love love it to death, and again, it's inexpensive!
  • So for my eyes, I use Maxfactor Xperience Volumising Mascara in black and I love how this mascara lengthens my lashes so well without making it so clumpy like my last mascara. I actually got this in a goodie bag for free, but I'm sure it's a reasonably priced mascara if you buy it your local pharmacy.
  • So I have an eyelash curler from Manicare, and I think I bought this a while ago for $2 at my local pharmacy and it's still going strong. I love it and it works so well for me!
  • Okay, I have two eyeliners I use. Funny thing: I absolutely adored my Maybelline Lash Stiletto Liquid Eyeliner and when it ran out, I was saddened for days (maybe not so much), but to the extent where I rushed out when I got a hold of some cash and was ready to buy a new one, but I couldn't find it. Either I didn't try hard enough or it's been discontinued I turned to Models Prefer Liquid Eyeliner in black, and when I first tried it on, the toughness of the brush kind of tingled my eyelids a bit, and so I decided to keep my Lash Stiletto brush and use that when I apply the eyeliner.
  • Alright, so the brushes I use:
    Models Prefer Angled Brush that I use for blush,
    Australis Mineral Powder Brush that I use for powder,
    Australis Foundation Brush that I use for liquid foundation,
    Models Prefer Concealer Brush that I use for concealer,
    and and eyelash comb/eyebrow brush from... I don't know...
    So these were my starter brushes, I'm on the hunt on some new brushes and I'm mainly focused on a professional set.. A really soft professional set because, drum roll please, I want to learn how to apply  eyeshadow, once and for all! Haha, I'm hopeless so hopefully having a brush set will help me get determined and inspired.
Well, that is it, I hope you guys enjoyed this post!
Let me know what you think in the comments (I don't bite and I always reply!)
X

No comments:

Post a Comment

XO