28.2.16

Swatches: Barry M Palettes

Hi loves,
Let's be real, I don't know much about eyeshadow, so for me to be reviewing these palettes is kind of insane, but I just want to give my two cents for those who are contemplating buying these products.
With each palette costing just under $20 each, it's a real steal for what you're getting. Although cardboard isn't my favourite material when it comes to packaging for palettes, it makes it easy to carry around as it is super lightweight, and easily compact so it becomes conveniently easy to throw into your purse when on-the-go. But you don't have to worry about it spilling all over your bag and getting onto all of your possessions because the palettes are secured with a magnetic fastening.

So if you're now interested in a beauty-clueless gal's opinion on these products, keep on reading...



I've heard numerous rave reviews regarding Barry M cosmetics. Granted, I'd only heard about the lipsticks and nail polishes, but I saw the eyeshadow palettes at Big W and couldn't help but grab them to try them out.




Let's see how this goes...




Barry M Natural Glow Shadow & Blush Palette:
I maybe should've figured out what this palette was going to look like before I bought it because 'glow' was in the name (contrary to what you're thinking, they didn't have the testers out yet when I purchased these) so I was surprised to find that the palette consisted of mainly shimmery neutral tones. Nevertheless, I was still pretty impressed with the quality, because the eyeshadows are pretty pigmented, and reasonably easy to blend in. Overall, I wouldn't reach for this palette all the time just because I feel like the tones are a little too light for me, but I do however like the blush.




Barry M Natural Glow Shadow & Primer Palette 2:
Very similar to the first palette, the shades are a little more suitable for my skin tone. Even though all shades are still quite shimmery, it was a lot easier for me to create looks with this palette which went along with my style. I don't care much for the primer that goes with the palette; I'd still prefer to use my own preference of a shadow primer, but you could feel differently. I feel like extras that come with palettes are never really any good though. Overall, this palette has definitely won me over, more so than the first one.




Barry M Flawless Chisel Cheeks Contour Kit:
I know absolutely nothing about contouring. Although the illustrations on the inside of the palette are super helpful in figuring out what goes where, also I hear, it's better to start off with an inexpensive palette to practise on, then moving up to a bit of a pricier one for better quality as you enhance on your skills. So far though, this palette has impressed me. Really pigmented powders, and not shimmery whatsoever, it's matte (as it should be, I believe!)


So, there you have it. I hope this intrigued you in any shape, way or form. I don't know much about makeup, but that's the fun in it because I learn along the way, and enjoy doing so.



Filled with love,
Danica xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

XO