17.9.14

A Few of My Favourite Things: August

August has been amazing to me, and I'd like to share why. Here is my favourite buy, my favourite do, my favourite eat, my favourite read, and my favourite wear of August.



*BUY*
There is no doubt about it that my new camera is my favourite buy of the month. It's been two years since I bought my last camera, but mid-way through August, that camera decided to give up on me (RIP Olympus), and so it was a sign from the camera Gods that I shall make that impulse and buy myself a new long-lasting and reliable camera. And boy, is this gem a dream to work with!
This is a Sony a3500 E-mount 20mp Digital Camera.
You can find the camera right here.




*DO*
It's obviously all year round, but this August, my favourite thing to do was watch Ethan progress and grow up into the young, exciting and very talkative little boy that he is. I found his growth rapidly advance during August, and it's an exciting moment for a mother. He's five years old now, so he's definitely not a baby, not much of a toddler, but an actual fully-sized child. It's crazy to think that he was a tiny newborn baby over five years ago, and now he's this curious and clever young boy.
Unfortunately, you can't find this little human being anywhere because he is all mine, muahahaha!


*EAT*
Something you need to know about me is I am a big lover of Chinese food. Every second day, I will crave it, so consume it, I shall. But seriously, since I was a young child, I would jump for joy when my parents would come home with Chinese food takeaway because it was my favourite food ever.
Lately, my boyfriend and I have been attending to lots of yum-cha lunch dates, and it. Has. Been. Epic. I'm a big fan of dumplings, dim sims, pork buns, salted squid and tons of soy sauce.
I suggest you treat you and a friend to some delicious dumplings ASAP!


*READ*
I bet you were just waiting for this moment - for me to mention a magazine as my read of the month. Thank goodness for fortnightly drops of SHOP magazine though because now I have two favourite reads for August. I have to be honest, when the new magazine dropped, I was not a fan, but I gave it a shot, and I bought it because I wanted to compare it to the "old" magazine. That will always be my favourite magazines - I still have every issue because I can't find the courage to throw them out, but to be perfectly honest, the content is still just as great. I have to admit though, I'm a little bummed that pretty soon they're turning entirely digital so I won't be able to add them into my hard-copy collection *silent tears*
You can find these magazines at any of your local newsagencies and grocery stores.


*WEAR*
If it's not entirely too obvious already, I have worn out these babies real good. They literally go with everything, and are so incredibly comfortable. Luckily I bought two pairs when I got this about a year ago, so I don't have to say goodbye quite yet to my favourite pair of flats. I'm not too fond on looking for a new pair of everyday flats either.
You're probably wondering why I decided to photograph my beat-up ones rather than the clean, new ones. Well, I did so because I wanted photographic memory of how much this particular style of shoe has gone through. It's literally gone through rain, shine, mud and everything from interning to long walks to college to working in retail. It's always had my back and I'm so incredibly grateful for these kitties.
You can find these kitty flats here.

Now, you may not be hearing from me for a few weeks as I am heading to the United States of America as of Friday for two whole weeks, and although I am bringing my laptop and camera with me, I highly doubt I will have any time to sit down and edit posts for you guys. But don't you worry, as soon as I am back on Australian soil, a post is definitely on its way to your screens.

Anyway, those of you going on school holidays, have a safe school holiday!
For those of you who has just graduated from your senior year, get studying!! HAHA Just kidding, but seriously, enjoy your break and give your exams everything you've got - but not too much that you stress and freak out; there are more paths to your dream career than you think.

Much love to you all,
Danica xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

XO