2.7.14

A Few of My Favourite Things: June

"Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens. Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens. Brown paper packages tied up with strings. These are a few of my favourite things."
Not only are those Julie Andrews' character in The Sound of Music's favourite things, they are also mine. Although, I don't think you'd be seeing much of those in this post right now.
No, what you will be seeing is my favourite buy, my favourite thing to do, my favourite meal to eat, my favourite read, and my favourite thing to wear for the month.


*BUY*
It's hard to pin-point which of these could possibly be my favourite thing, but above all else, Chanel is my favourite. It was obvious from the moment I saw this phone case in an inspiration photo on Tumblr that I had to have it. If I want to feel fabulous in the best clothes, why doesn't my phone get the same recognition?
Thank goodness for Etsy because if not, it would have been incredibly difficult to find this from a reasonable and trustworthy seller. You can find this case right here.



*DO*
I've honestly had the best year of my life, and it's all thanks to this beautiful place: The Fashion Institute. Fashion school has been an incredible experience, and if I had to, I would do it all over again exactly the same. Attending my final classes in June, I learnt to appreciate every 2 hour lecture from fashion geniuses. I learnt to appreciate the beautiful space we call our school. I learnt that chasing after my dreams was the smartest thing I'd ever decided to do. So, as I leave behind a chapter of my life, I want any of you who are residing in Sydney to open up your choices, and seriously consider taking classes at The Fashion Institute. You can learn more about them here.



*EAT*
Always have been a major fan of sushi, but apparently June was the month where my obsession grew. Without fail, I would have sushi twice a week. Possibly because I'd stepped outside of my comfort zone and at that one moment, had decided to try salmon instead of my usual tuna and avocado roll. Anyway, I was obsessed. It was as if the vinegar rice and fresh salmon was bleeding through my blood stream.
I'm probably making you feel uncomfortable by now, but if you haven't tried sushi, I suggest you go out and do so. My favourite place to buy sushi is, hands down, Sushi Hub.



*READ*
Lovely friends equals lovely gifts. One of my great friends had gifted me this hilariously sarcastic fashion book for my 21st birthday, and I actually finished it with my nose dug into the book within a couple of hours. It's basically a humorous dictionary on fashion things, and Michi's definitions are both witty and true! Her arty illustrations accompanied the humorous definitions giving us a bit of fashion eye-candy.
You can buy this book here.


*WEAR*
It would be cliche for me to share a photo of my favourite top or pair of jeans, but instead, I want to show you something I've been wearing a whole lot lately because who knew Victoria's secret were the ingredients to some snazzy and delicious smelling body sprays? Love love love.
You can buy these at the QVB Sydney store or here.

Filled with love,
Danica x

No comments:

Post a Comment

XO